Back to Office: What's Hot, What's Not- Edition 3
Posted by The O'Connor Group on September 21, 2021
COVID UPDATE Week of September 20, 2021
Well, it's definitely been a busy September! Here are some recent updates around COVID-19, masks, vaccine mandates, and mental health. If you have anything you would like to add, please drop us a line at email@example.com. Thanks for reading and be safe out there!
1. Did you know that there are multiple federal agencies that oversee and dictate compliance requirements? Here is a quick list:
2. Pfizer says the COVID-19 vaccine is safe and shows robust antibody response for 5 - 11-year-olds. The trial included 2,268 participants ages 5 to 11 and used a two-dose regimen of the vaccine administered 21 days apart. This trial used a 10-microgram dose -- smaller than the 30-microgram dose that has been used for those 12 and older. Read the full article here.
3. Conversations in the workplace are continuing to revolve around masks, vaccines, and quarantines. How do you address COVID-19 vaccination conflicts in your workplace? This article from XpertHR discusses the need to understand circumstances and perspectives, preparing managers and supervisors to defuse conflict, how to brainstorm for solutions, provide vaccine resources, and more!
4. Businesses with at least 100 employees will soon be required to mandate that employees get vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to weekly testing. An article from SHRM explains what to expect from OSHA and COVID-19 vaccine and testing rules.
5. We are continuing to watch the data: Good news! U.S. deaths decreased by 2% last week meanwhile global deaths decreased by 9%. Hospitalizations decreased again in the U.S., this time by about 1.5% from the prior week. Infections in the U.S. decreased by 15% from the prior week, a rather dramatic downward move. Global infections decreased by another 10% from the prior week. Hopefully, this means that Delta is running out of steam.
6. Mental Health is a must! Stay positive, practice gratitude, and take care of your physical health! The days are going to get shorter with sunlight - so please make it a habit to check in on a loved one at least once a week.
Here are some of our upcoming Zoom presentations, we hope you can join us!
- Ask HR Office Hours: Thursday, September 23 3:00 PM EST Topic: What Employers Should Do Now to Prepare for Biden’s Path Out of the Pandemic.
- HR Access: Thursday, October 14 8:00 AM EST Topic: Adapting Your Work Space
- Talent Talks: Thursday, October 21 8:00 AM EST Topic: The Talent Toolbox
This information is provided for informational purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice. The O’Connor Group makes no representations as to the completeness, suitability, or validity of any information contained herein and will not be liable for any errors or omissions.