Back to the Office: What's Hot, What's Not- Edition 4
Posted by The O'Connor Group on October 5, 2021
COVID UPDATE Week of October 4, 2021
Can you believe we are in Q4? Time is flying by...but we are here to keep you in the loop with all things COVID. If you have anything you would like to add, please drop us a line at email@example.com. Thanks for reading and be safe out there!
1. We are coming up on flu and cold season in addition to battling the Delta variant. Ever wonder how to time your flu shot along with a vaccine shot/booster? Dr. Fauci explains here.
2. Vaccination and testing requirements to enter the United States will replace the United States COVID-19 travel bans imposed in 2020 beginning in November.
3. Upholding an employer's mandatory vaccination policy, a federal judge rules health care employer has the right to require its employees to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Read the full article here.
4. Money is a strong motivator when it comes to vaccinations. Health insurance premium surcharges can influence a sizable number of employees who haven't been vaccinated against COVID-19.
5. Companies are expected to lose near 8% of their workforce due to vaccine mandates. Employees are either quitting or being terminated for non-compliance. Are you scrambling to retain talent?
6. Pumpkins...what are they good for besides jack-o-lanterns and pies? Check out this fall wellness tip and give your pumpkin a taste...or at least try the seeds.
Here are some of our upcoming Zoom presentations, we hope you can join us!
- HR Access: Thursday, October 14 8:00 AM EST Topic: Adapting Your Work Space
- Talent Talks: Thursday, October 21 8:00 AM EST
Topic: The Talent Toolbox
- Ask HR Office Hours: Thursday, October 28 3:00 PM EST
- Strategies for 2022: Looking Forward- Thursday, November 11 9:00 - 10:30 AM EST. Industry experts will discuss hybrid workforces, tax changes, employee engagement, company culture, and more!
This information is provided for informational purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice. The O’Connor Group makes no representations as to the completeness, suitability, or validity of any information contained herein and will not be liable for any errors or omissions.