The #ConnectorsWhoCare Thrive Guide - Fourth Edition
Posted by The O'Connor Group on July 7, 2020
We hope everyone had a safe, fun Fourth of July weekend! We could not ask for better weather! It was a great time to celebrate our amazing country. Have you seen the latest version of Lee Greenwood’s “God Bless the USA”? It is completely a cappella in collaboration with The United States Air Force Band and Home Free, and it is truly amazing. Also, what’s not to love about Whitney Houston’s 1991 Version of the Star-Spangled Banner! It never gets old! We hope you agree!
Join us for Talent Talks!
Calling all talent leaders! Are you ready to connect with others to discuss COVID-19's impact on the hiring goals at your organization? You are in luck! Join us for Talent Talks, a virtual series, that enables strategic, professional talent leaders to share new struggles and solutions as our world is transformed.
Next Meeting Date: Thursday, July 9th at 8:30 AM ET
Meeting Topic: Remote Onboarding
Register here and receive links for all bi-monthly meetings
Tip #1: TOCGRP Favorites!
1) Not in the mood to cook? Our team is loving GrubHub this week! GrubHub is a delivery service that has a large selection of restaurants available to order from. We were shocked at all of the options! You can easily send someone a gift card too! Some of our favorites are Qdoba and California Pizza Kitchen – YUM!!
2) The classic Main Line boutique Louella has now reopened! Louella is the perfect place to shop for preppy & sophisticated clothing and accessories. They are even selling fashionable face masks for both children and adults! Check them out in Wayne, Malvern, or Avalon!
3) 333 Belrose has reopened their patio for outdoor dining! 333 Belrose offers a unique menu changing every season to use fresh ingredients, and their patio is the perfect ambiance to enjoy a night out this Summer. If you do not want to go out, they are available on GrubHub and open for curbside pickup too!
4) Another delicious and homemade treasure in King of Prussia is Peppers by Amedeos! They have delicious food and plenty of outside dining! They also have take-out and they are very generous in the community. They have the best Italian food in Montgomery County, and are owned by a great local family!
Tip #2: DOL Provides FAQ to Help Keep Workers Safe During the COVID-19 Pandemic
The United States Department of Labor’s OSHA has published a FAQ and answers to help protect workers from exposure to COVID-19. This guidance is extremely helpful for business owners that are starting to think about reopening their workplace. Keep in mind, this is not a regulation, and it creates no legal obligation – just recommendations, as well as descriptions of mandatory safety and health standards. Contact us today for help implementing any of the recommendations to keep your employees (and you) safe!
Tip #3: PPP Application Deadline is Extended!
The Paycheck Protection Program resumed accepting applications July 6, 2020, at 9:00 AM EDT in response to President signing the program's extension legislation. The new deadline to apply for a Paycheck Protection Program loan is August 8, 2020. This is great news for business owners who have not yet applied or did not receive a loan yet. Read more details here!
Tip #4: Friends of the Firm
1) No task is too big or too small for Easie! Our friends at Easie aim to provide you and your team with some more free time. Give them any project and they will put one of their qualified specialists on the job for you. You are only charged for work you authorize! Schedule your free 15-minute consultation today!
2) Our friends at DiBruno Bros. have been a Philadelphia tradition selling delectable gourmet cheeses, desserts, and other classic Italian specialty foods since 1939. Looking to show a friend some love? Send them a DiBruno Bros. gift! Some of their most popular gift boxes include the Binge Watch Gift Box, The Italian Market Crate, The Wurst Gift Ever, the Abbondanza Gift Box, and more! View them all here!
3) So many of us are tea drinkers and our friends at Plum Deluxe not only have amazing teas to share, but delicious recipes too! Once I saw their Raspberry Lemon Scone recipe, I just kept reading about more delicious recipes to share with my friends. I hope you enjoy too!
4) Surface cleaning and disinfecting processes in this age of COVID-19 are very labor-intensive and therefore not cost-effective. Pathogens adapt, but the solutions and methods used to control and destroy them have not. Our friends at WorQforce Solutions bring measurable, innovative and best-in-class technologies to combat microbial growth over the long-term. Their products and services outperform others with respect to effectiveness, ease of application, safety, cost and environmental impact. This Customized Clean/ Disinfect/Protect/Validate process uses an application system that physically destroys bacteria, mold, fungi and other microorganisms for up to one year or more. For more information, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. They look forward to working with you and making the world a safer place to live, learn and work.
Tip #5: Summer Essentials!
2) Looking for some fun (and safe!) date-night activities or things to do with friends? Check out these mini itineraries created by Visit Philadelphia! These itineraries have conveniently planned your whole day for you. Decide which part of the city you want to explore and choose the itinerary that best suits you. View all the mini-itineraries here, and check back often for more!
3) Marita’s Homemade Ice Cream in Sea Isle City is a true hot spot of the Jersey Shore! They are open noon to midnight daily and have made social distancing possible with their new set up! They even have multiple allergy friendly options. Nothing like a delicious ice cream treat on a hot day after the beach!
4) Wireless smart meat thermometer, outdoor golf game, insect bite suction tool?! Check out all of the hottest 2020 Summer essentials by The Grommet! I think we can all agree that some of these gadgets and games will make the summer in our backyards a little sweeter!
Ask HR Office Hours...
...is back! We will be reopening our Zoom line to help answer all of your HR questions this Thursday, July 9th from 3-4 PM EST. Jump on for the entire hour to hear the latest in the HR world, or join at any point to have your question answered - We are here for you! Register here!
Did you know...
...that on this day in 1863 the US had its first military draft? You could be exempted for $300. Thank you to all the brave men and women who have and are serving our country!
And of course, summertime is lemonade time – and the earliest documented lemonade stands were introduced by a young entrepreneur named Edward Bok who formed them in Brooklyn street cars from 1873 to 1876. So many current entrepreneurs started their careers by having lemonade stands!
Be well friends!
This information is provided for informational purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice. The O’Connor Group makes no representations as to the completeness, suitability, or validity of any information contained herein and will not be liable for any errors or omissions.