The #ConnectorsWhoCare Thrive Guide - Second Edition
Posted by The O'Connor Group on June 23, 2020
We hope you had a wonderful Father's Day and enjoyed the beautiful weather - we sure got lucky!
I was able to watch CBS Sunday Morning and saw a great piece from Jim Gaffigan that basically stated the best gift you can give your Dad is to just call them! I also remember what the poet Maya Angelou once stated: “I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” So, I thought why not call that one person you have been thinking about – you never know what they might be going through and it might be one of the best presents they have received in a while!
Join us for Talent Talks!
Calling all talent leaders! Are you ready to connect with others to discuss
COVID-19's impact on the hiring goals at your organization? You are in luck! Join us for Talent Talks, a virtual series, that enables strategic, professional talent leaders to share new struggles and solutions as our
world is transformed.
Next Meeting Date: Thursday, June 25th at 8:30 AM ET
Tip #1: What Our Team Is Loving Right Now!
1) Imperfect Foods is a grocery delivery company that strives to reduce food waste. They offer imperfect (but delicious!) produce that would otherwise be thrown out, and affordable meat and dairy products. Check them out and decide which grocery plan is right for you, and you get $10 off your first order!
2) Honey is a browser extension that automatically applies coupon codes for you while online shopping at any store! Honey will save you tons of money and is a must have for anyone who has developed an online shopping addiction during quarantine. Download it here. We promise you won’t regret it!
3) Take advantage of downtown Wayne’s new outdoor dining! Matador, The Goat’s Beard, The Great American Pub, Christopher’s, Paola’s and more are now open with socially distanced seating. Also located on N. Wayne Avenue, there is an outdoor tent with picnic tables set up so if you opt to order takeout, you can still enjoy it in a nice ambiance.
Tip #2: Returning To Work
Late last week, The U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) issued guidance to assist employers reopening non-essential businesses and their employees returning to work during the evolving COVID-19 pandemic. Read more here!
It has been difficult to keep up with the latest COVID-19 information and safety guidelines. Quil has developed a COVID-19 Preparedness Tool. This app provides accurate, up-to-date plans of action for every situation. Download for your company and provide your employees with the information they need to stay healthy and productive during these unpredictable times. Learn more here.
Did you know that The O’Connor Group has prepared a Checklist and total toolkit to help business owners get their workplace ready to reopen? Contact us to help you establish the necessary steps for a seamless rebound!
Tip #3: New PPP Forms Now Available!
After the Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act (PPPFA) was put into place to help employers have more flexibility around their PPP, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has issued new user-friendly forms and guidance. Read more here!
Tip #4: Friends Of The Firm
1) Our friend Francesca Rothseid’s most recent article is about how to successfully reopen your business. She outlines that the key to an effective reopening is clear communication. Read more in the Philadelphia Business Journal here!
2) SpeakUp! is a local organization that works to bridge the gap between youth and adults through tough conversations. Normally held at high schools in the area, SpeakUp! is hosting a parent discussion with Dr. Ken Ginsburg about how to help children build resilience during uncertain times. Register here!
3) We are about to go into the green phase and you might be rethinking about your car...you are in luck! We want to share a little about our friends at The Aureus Group doing amazing work. They are a full service auto body shop. One of the great things they have been providing are awesome videos sharing their trials and tribulations during this crazy time – they are really well done and they come from the heart. Take a listen!
Tip #5: Freebies!
1) Gold’s Gym Anywhere is providing free workout and nutrition videos! From core strength, to HIIT, and even workouts with the family, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Check out all their categories here.
2) Tired of cooking the same old meals? Milk Street Cooking School is offering free cooking class to stream. Milk Street will you teach you the best tips and tricks to make your food taste the best! Browse their classes here!
Ask HR Office Hours
Join us every Thursday afternoon for Ask HR Office Hours! Our experts will be hosting a free, live Q&A to help answer all of your
burning HR questions.
Next session: Thursday, June 25 from 3-4 PM EST
Did you know...
This information is provided for informational purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice. The O’Connor Group makes no representations as to the completeness, suitability, or validity of any information contained herein and will not be liable for any errors or omissions.