The Ultimate COVID-19 #ConnectorsWhoCare Survival Kit - 10th Edition
Posted by The O'Connor Group on May 26, 2020
Welcome to our 10th Edition! Memorial Day officially starts the beginning of the Summer. Can you believe it? It feels so good to have the warm weather, the sunshine back and the long days. Also, do not forget to make a call or two this week to people you love and miss. Just listening to them will mean so much...it will also do good for you too!
Tip #1: Support Local Businesses!
1) As many of you know, we are big Panera fans! They are offering delivery, curb-side pick-up and grocery options and have generously offered a discount code for box lunches! Use code BOXLUNCH20 to get $20 off $100 or more until June 30th. This is great way to bring lunch into the office while following safe social distancing!
3) Brick & Brew is hitting their delivery and curb-side pick-up options out of the park! With locations in Malvern, Media, and Havertown, they have delicious options including pizza specials, delicious appetizers, and growlers of their famous Whiskey Sours – YES PLEASE!
Tip #2: IRS Announces 2021 Limits for HSAs and High Deductible Health Plans
The Internal Revenue Service announced new, higher contribution limits for health savings accounts for 2021. You will be allowed to contribute $3,600 for individual coverage for 2021, up from $3,550 for 2020, or $7,200 for family coverage, up from $7,100 for 2020. Employers should consider these new limits when planning for their employee benefits next year. Read more from Forbes here.
Tip #3: Friends of the Firm
1) One of our friends, Martin Fern, is starting an Operations Roundtable. If YOU are in operations and would like to connect with other people to discuss how companies are going to reopen and the impact around operations, we highly recommend joining his roundtable!
2) CEO’s who need a strong and successful business plan, we highly recommend you reach out to Cheryl Beth Kuchler, who runs CEOThinkTank, an amazing company that guides you toward business success by identifying where your challenges lie and provides proven tools and a roadmap that will help you get things done, driving profitability, growth and value in your company.
Tip #4: COVID-19 Safety Procedures for Businesses
A new requirement has been set in the PA guidance. Every business that is conducting in person operations must print, sign, and post the “COVID-19 Safety Procedures for Businesses” which can be found here. The Spanish version is available here. Businesses must post the signed flyer in employee common space and, if the business serves the public, the business must also post the flyer near the business’s public entrance(s) in prominent location(s). Read more here!
Tip #5: Freebies!
1) A handful of eateries in Pennsylvania are stepping up amid the new coronavirus crisis with tasty gifts for high school and college graduates in 2020. While so many people were looking forward to walking across the stage, FREE food is a step to ease the pain! Learn more about the deals here!
3) The Philadelphia School of Circus Arts is continuing to offer FREE online classes during the closure. They have classes for everyone, ages 3 and up (no aerial equipment or circus experience required)! All classes happen LIVE at this Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/9017388481. These classes will always be free and open to the public, but if you are able to contribute a few dollars they would greatly appreciate it. You can contribute via their Venmo: @phillycircus. OK…this is SUPER COOL!
4) Statue of Liberty – So, it might be a while until we can get back into the Statue of Liberty to see it but, even better...have it come to you! They have a FREE virtual tour which you can view from the comforts of your home. Enjoy the tour! Who knew?
5) Wait – a FREE month of Yoga lessons? Yes, it is true! Alo is offering a whole month free of Yoga lessons – just click here!
6) Time to take care of YOU. I do not know about you, but it is time to rejuvenate my skin! Well we have great news – Hear Me Raw is offering a buy one get one FREE skin treatments! Ahhh Enjoy!
Ask HR Office Hours
Use our Zoom Link to register!
Next session: Thursday, May 28 from 3-4 PM EST
Did you Know...
We had PART 2 of Strategic Planning for a Successful Comeback Webinar Series and it was a total hit! If you missed it, access the recording to Part 1 here (use password: 0w#+4Z82) and the recording to Part 2 here. There is great CEO insight that you will not want to miss!
We have so much to be thankful for – now more than ever! This country was built on freedom, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness! On Memorial Day, we take time to thank all the service men and women who have given their lives to allow us to live by these three words today. For those who never heard Robin Williams as the American Flag – it’s a wonderful reminder of why this country is so amazing! God Bless the USA!
Be well friends!
Your TOCGRP Team
This information is provided for informational purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice. The O’Connor Group makes no representations as to the completeness, suitability, or validity of any information contained herein and will not be liable for any errors or omissions.