The Ultimate COVID-19 #ConnectorsWhoCare Survival Kit - Eleventh Edition
Posted by The O'Connor Group on June 2, 2020
We made it to June!
Our good friend Carol Steinberg, shared a great quote that I wanted to share with all of you:
“When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world. I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation. When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town. I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.
Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family. My family and I could have made an impact on our town. Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world."
We have been through so much and we are stronger than we believe. Enjoy this week’s Survival Kit – thanks for sharing it out there with your friends and colleagues!
If You Want The Best People...Start With Ours!
This week we want to highlight our amazing recruiting team. The O'Connor Group's unique Talent Acquisition model helps organizations through the entire process, from sourcing through onboarding. We focus on finding out what your company really needs...and listen to you! Not to mention, we consistently save companies 40-60% of their recruiting costs. Who would have thought!? Let's Chat!
Tip #1: Support Local Businesses!
1) The Whitebrier in Avalon, NJ is offering a special takeout menu during the COVID-19 shutdown. They have a selection of Whitebrier favorites available Fri 5-9 pm, Sat-Sun 12-9 pm & Mon 3-8 pm and are offering delivery! Family style meals, Sushi and wine – YUM!
2) Visit Philadelphia has put together a comprehensive guide on how to support the Philly Region’s restaurant community with delivery and pick up. Thousands of restaurants and deals are only a click away!
3) Nudy’s Café is open for take-out, have online orders and delivery through third party providers! Now, with 11 locations, all can enjoy their packed omelets, countless options of pancakes and French toast, and let’s not forget their delicious lunch menu! Order here!
Tip #2: House Passes Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Flexibility Act
As part of the CARES Act, the PPP was established to help small businesses keep their employees on payroll. Last Thursday, The House passed the PPP Flexibility Act to help ease restrictions on the existing rules. The Senate will now consider the bill. Read more details from SHRM on how the new act will give employers more flexibility on how they use the PPP funds while remaining eligible for loan forgiveness.
Tip #3: Friends of the Firm
1) Our friends at Whitepenny, a Brand and Digital Strategy Firm, wrote a great article in partnership with PwC’s Family Business Solutions team, and published in Family Business Magazine. The strategy and tactics they discuss apply to a wide cross section of privately held companies, regardless of family-owned status. Take a look to find out why your organizations brand is more important than ever!
3) Are you ready to take your financials digital? Our friends at Walsh Accounting helped make the office to home transition completely seamless with the ability to view our financials online and via our phone! They will show you how it is possible as well as providing excellent bookkeeper services! Just ask for Chris Walsh at email@example.com!
Tip #4: Freebies!
1) Since the Coronavirus has rocked our world, stress and anxiety levels are palpable. Everything has shut down, finances are a concern, social distancing is the new norm, toilet paper has become a hot commodity, and nothing is certain anymore. We are in a constant worry about our mental and physical health, our jobs, family and so much more. It's hard to feel like our usual selves. Read more from Active.com as they share nine apps for stress relief to use during the pandemic and beyond!
2) Fun Loving Families is providing free printable last day school signs for all grades 2020! Just because the kids aren’t physically going to school, it’s still fun to capture their big days as they end and begin a new grade!
3) The KOP Quaranteam is bringing fun to enjoy with the whole family each week! With each weekday dedicated to a different topic like fitness, shopping, food, education and music, there is plenty to do and fun for all! We love this!
4) The Philadelphia Orchestra is hosting HearNOW: An At-Home Gala this Saturday, June 6th at 8:00 PM for free! This event will be an hour and hosted by Music Director Yannick Nezet-Seguin. Dress up or wear your best sweatpants!
5) Bring the free on! Check out The Best Free Stuff While You’re Stuck at Home including games, movies, ebooks, video tools and more to help you cope with self-quarantine!
Tip #5: PPE Can’t Stop – Won’t Stop!
Businesses are clever and doing everything they can to shift their model to help the community and listen to their customers. Even if it was COVID’s pressure, we are all about it! Here are a few more PPE options. Before you open your office, don’t forget to start thinking about this now if you haven’t already!
2) Brooklyn Equipment, a PPE manufacturer and wholesaler based in…you guessed it, Brooklyn, NY 😊 have EVERYTHING you could possibly need to reopen your office in stock and ready to ship to you today. They even give you stats on their website of items in stock. You can order here!
3) Ok…are you ready for this?! Sync City has come out with a Temperature Scan Kiosk, the turnkey hardware and software solution for effortless employee and guest temperature checks. With accurate face recognition and human body temperature detection, many companies will drift in this direction as they begin to bring more employees back to the office!
Ask HR Office Hours
Next session: Thursday, June 4 from 3-4 PM EST
Did you Know...
We will be joining PIDC for an upcoming webinar tomorrow, June 3rd at 2:00 PM ET – Minimizing Reopening Anxiety through Strategic Planning. While business owners focus on generating revenue and identifying disaster funds, now comes the daunting task of reopening and wondering what lies ahead. Join us by registering here!
As you know, we LOVE our essential workers. This video was sent to us by a friend and brightened our day. All the performers in the video are Jefferson Doctors…so, on top of being everyday heroes, they are also successful musicians! Thank you will never feel enough, but we appreciate your tireless efforts and your beautiful music! Enjoy!
This information is provided for informational purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice. The O’Connor Group makes no representations as to the completeness, suitability, or validity of any information contained herein and will not be liable for any errors or omissions.