The Ultimate COVID-19 #ConnectorsWhoCare Survival Kit - Twelfth Edition
Posted by The O'Connor Group on June 9, 2020
Well, things are finally starting to open, and unemployment is slowly going down! It is so nice to have some great weather and feel the sunshine on our faces. So many things to be thankful for, but do not forget to get some exercise! Zooming all day can be hard on the body. Take a walk and breathe in deeply. Be grateful for beautiful things in this world. As Lou Armstrong sang – “It’s a wonderful world” and it really is!
Join us tomorrow (6/10/2020) for a free webinar!
👉Rebound 2020: Actionable Tips on Maximizing Business Success
There have been many webinars discussing the concepts of reopening and strategies to consider for your business. This webinar is intended to deliver actionable tips that you'll implement immediately to leverage your success.
Tip #1: Support Local Businesses!
1) With four locations across Ocean City, Avalon, and Sea Isle City, Mallon’s Homemade Sticky Buns is a shore staple! Plain or with raisins or walnuts, you can’t go wrong. Stop by between 7AM-1PM to support this family-run business – the earlier the better! These sticky buns are so good sometimes they run out!
3) The Argyle Bouquet in Haverford is open for the most beautiful flowers and gifts. With curbside pickup or even delivery options, your safety is ensured. Ordering from Argyle is easier than ever! Follow their Instagram to see the latest bouquets and products available!
Tip #2: Eased Restrictions on Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
Good News! The most pressing PPP forgiveness issues will be alleviated. The SBA, in consultation with Treasury, will promptly issue rules and guidance, a modified borrower application form, and a modified loan forgiveness application implementing these legislative amendments to the PPP. Read more here!
Tip #3: Friends of the Firm
2) Our friend Kelly Messman and her husband own Chocolate Works Lehigh Valley, an experiential chocolate shop specializing in Belgium chocolate that offers parties, corporate gifting, party favors, and more! As restrictions are being lifted, they have moved things around to allow more access, promote social distancing and have made almost everything visually accessible. They are offering virtual parties which allows you to invite friends from all over the country! Reach out today to get your delicious treats: (610) 419-1132
3) If you are opening your physical location, temperature screening is a must! Our friends at Compliance Consulting Inc. are now providing COVID-19 Pre-Entry Screenings. Now is the time to ensure your workforce is safe by utilizing their temperature checking service! Reach out to them here!
Tip #4: COVID-19 Signage for Employees and Customers
Your employees and customers should not have to guess the protocols in the workplace…make it very clear! Signage is extremely important as each county and state has different rules. Read this awesome article that explains why some signage is more effective than others.
Our friends at Square Root Creative, a full-service creative agency, have created Social Distancing graphics for you to download! They are clear, sharp, and creative – we are all about it and cannot wait to use them when we open our physical location!
Tip #5: Freebies!
1) Stay centered during this overwhelming time with a free 30-day trial of Bulldog Yoga Online! Although their studio located in Villanova is closed, you can still practice yoga with their wide range of classes available online. Whether you are trying to get a hard workout in or just want a nice stretch to clear your mind, Bulldog has a class online for you!
2) Who does not love a good brain teaser?! The Escape Game located in King of Prussia is offering a variety of fun online puzzles for all ages! Their largest selection of free games is located under their Monthly Mystery
3) The Philadelphia Zoo is airing a series on Facebook live called Philly Zoo at 2! Every weekday at 2 PM zookeepers are giving viewers an inside look at some of the amazing animals living in the zoo such as lions, rhinos, giraffes and more!
4) Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens is offering a virtual tour of their grounds. Although we are not be able to visit the enchanted gardens in person, this tour captures its beauty online! Check out all of their “Visit from Home” resources here.
5) Spend some time outside and help the environment by planting flowers! The Alt National Park Service is sending out free seed packs to help restore bee and butterfly populations. You even get to choose between black-eyed susans and butterfly milkweed!
Ask HR Office Hours
Use our Zoom Link to register!
Next session: Thursday, June 11 from 3-4 PM EST
Did you Know...
…That we have prepared an HR Toolkit to assist employers in creating and/or brainstorming all aspects of work, policy, protocols, and procedures for consideration prior to allowing employees to return to work once government permits this to occur. Check it out and let's chat about how we can implement this at your organization!
We have GREAT news to share! As states begin to reopen, we are going to change the name of our Survival Kit to a Thrive Kit! We will still be sharing ideas, tips, freebies, and such to help you and your business Thrive! We look forward to hearing from you on how we can become even better to help YOU.
So, stay tuned for our new look!
Have a great week!
This information is provided for informational purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice. The O’Connor Group makes no representations as to the completeness, suitability, or validity of any information contained herein and will not be liable for any errors or omissions.